Haymarket rebellion


moon phases
 


Labels

Blog Archive

28 August 2003

From Minneapolis

This is just quick note to say that I am not a grandmother yet. The baby is seven days overdue today. I am quite disappointed with Minneapolis. Minnesota Nice is just a nice memory. The legislature has passed a "concealed carry" gun law and now all of the horribly overpriced downtown business establishments (all the good ones have been driven away or had their buildings torn down) display signs very self-righteously saying that they do not permit guns. (We are not talking about frontier saloons with sawdust on the floor here; we're talking about corporate offices and the Gap.) But I am trying to make the most of it, and I am busily scheduling visits with the many friends I haven't seen for years. Meanwhile Aimee wants that baby to come out!!! We went to a Chinese restaurant just now and I was feeding her big slabs of barely cooked ginger. Hey, it may work.

Google +1 if you like my content

Kitchen (food and food politics) Blog

Always a New Leaf - Books and Libraries Blog

Links to News, etc.

Kitchen Gardening

Followers

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Care - Support - Donate

Soft Landing Animal Aid Association

Click here to learn more


Mesothelioma Treatment

Click here to learn more


Leicester Animal Aid - dog & cat rescue

The Hunger Site

The Literacy Site