Haymarket rebellion


moon phases
 


Labels

Blog Archive

14 April 2003

Some good quotes

From the Guardian Informer (a free e-mail newsletter) :
>>> QUOTATIONS OF THE DAY

"The kid sister of all battles" - the Chicago Sun Tribune on the
battle for Baghdad.

"I'm not sure, and that's why we need to talk to them about it." - The
foreign secretary, Jack Straw, is asked whether Syria has weapons of
mass destruction.

"I came here thinking I wouldn't need any Arabic at all - just 'Put
your hands up' and 'Put your weapons down.' They've been teaching me
how to talk to the thieves. Things like, 'You are lying, I'm not
stupid,' and 'If you steal, we will kill you.'" Marine Sgt Steven
Christopher in Baghdad on the local residents helping him to identify
and accost looters.

Google +1 if you like my content

Kitchen (food and food politics) Blog

Always a New Leaf - Books and Libraries Blog

Links to News, etc.

Kitchen Gardening

Followers

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Care - Support - Donate

Soft Landing Animal Aid Association

Click here to learn more


Mesothelioma Treatment

Click here to learn more


Leicester Animal Aid - dog & cat rescue

The Hunger Site

The Literacy Site