Haymarket rebellion


moon phases
 


Labels

Blog Archive

24 March 2008

Blogkeeping

It has been more than three weeks since I posted a blog. Where does the time go? I will try to do a catch-up, but it may take more than one.

There have been some notable deaths - Anthony Minghella, who was too young, and Paul Scofield who was so old I didn't know he was still alive. (Great actor though.) Arthur C. Clarke. More banks have gone to the wall, and there has been a little farce with the Bank of England.

The Democrats Abroad primary votes came in and Obama got about 2/3 of our votes, Clinton the remaining 1/3. That was a couple of weeks ago. The race has been absorbing my attention, but I don't have anything major to add to the buzz. But what a buzz it is over here! The Brits just cannot believe they're not allowed to participate, just cannot believe how long it takes and cannot understand why our elections are so much more thrilling and interesting than theirs. But even though I have nothing much to say myself, I will share some of my favourite commentary by others:
Gary Younge on "the speech"
Ian Williams on Samantha Power
Sasha Abramsky on Hilary Clinton
Paul Krugman on the economy as election issue
Maureen Dowd on Hilary the Terminator

Google +1 if you like my content

Kitchen (food and food politics) Blog

Always a New Leaf - Books and Libraries Blog

Links to News, etc.

Kitchen Gardening

Followers

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Care - Support - Donate

Soft Landing Animal Aid Association

Click here to learn more


Mesothelioma Treatment

Click here to learn more


Leicester Animal Aid - dog & cat rescue

The Hunger Site

The Literacy Site