Haymarket rebellion


moon phases
 


Labels

Blog Archive

01 July 2003

I followed a link from On the Third Hand to this article by an American immigrant about 10 things to celebrate about America. I was really getting into it - I thought it was quite good and there was not a thing in it I could disagree with. So imagine my shock when I got to the byline and discovered that the author was Dinesh D'Souza, a person I have heartily despised for his anti-affirmative action writings! But I still say this is a brilliant article and well worth reading. Interesting, too, is the fact that he actually uses the existence of affirmative action to bolster one of his arguments about the goodness of America, merely mentioning that it is "controversial". Such elegant understatement! Well, I never thought I would be recommending the writing of a renowned right-winger, but they say if you live long enough . . . .

Google +1 if you like my content

Kitchen (food and food politics) Blog

Always a New Leaf - Books and Libraries Blog

Links to News, etc.

Kitchen Gardening

Followers

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Care - Support - Donate

Soft Landing Animal Aid Association

Click here to learn more


Mesothelioma Treatment

Click here to learn more


Leicester Animal Aid - dog & cat rescue

The Hunger Site

The Literacy Site